The ARRIBA Program

I will be here in Lima, Peru until April 2008. I am living with a Peruvian Family and Cole - my room mate from Faith Baptist Bible College. The first few months we went through language school as well as different cultural, Bible, and missions classes. Now I am serving in a local church in a suburb of Lima called Manchay. The mission is the great Commission--bringing souls into the universal church of Christ and discipling them in the local church here in Manchay.

Prayer Requests

  • TO HAVE QUALITY TIME IN PRAYER AND BIBLE READING
  • TO HAVE CONSISTANT PROGRESS IN LEARNING SPANISH
  • TO HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO WITNESS AND DISCIPLE
  • TO HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS

Thursday, February 21, 2008

2 Months Left

The LORD has blessed tremendously with grace, strength, and fruit. We had our 4 consecutive weeks of camp, and for the past few weeks we have gotten back into the normal schedule of visits, Bible studies, discipling, teaching, preaching, etc. In exactly 2 months I will be on a plane to come home. It is hard to believe how fast the time has gone by. Part of me desires to see family and friends and finish school, but another part of me wants to stay here. There is so much to do, so many lives without Christ!

Especially be in prayer for the families of the church. There are many broken hearts and family issues that need to be resolved. The strength of a church is measured by the strength of its families. Also, be in prayer for those who have accepted Christ that I am discipling. Pray that they can be grounded enough in the Word and the church to continue when I leave. This is always a fear of anyone in ministry—what happens when I leave? But, we know that God is more than able to take care of His own with or without the aid of us. We are not indispensable, but yet He still has chosen to use us to show His glory.

Another prayer requests--I am planning a short trip to Pisco, Peru: about 4 hours south of my home. There might be one church in the area that preaches the gospel, but other than them, there is nothing. Be in prayer for this trip as I am praying to seek the Lord's will for the future.

My parents (Pastor Gil and Pam Morrow) and my little sister Amber are coming down to visit. The Lord has and will continue to provide the necessary funds. They will be here March 4 – March 11. I have planned for them a vigorous week of touring, cultural learning, and ministry enlightenment. Lord willing they will receive a tremendous blessing from their trip and bring the missions fervor back to the church.

Once again, thank you all for your prayers. Continue to pray for the ministry down here—for safety, focus, fruit, and funds. Right now I am at 75%. Do not forget about me—I haven’t forgotten about you. Thank you for your faithfulness.

1 comment:

Hunter said...

hey Tito!!
I look forward to seeing you again! It sounds like things are going well. I hope your family enjoys their time in Peru. We could all use some of that missions fervor. I'll be praying for you, buddy.