The ARRIBA Program

I will be here in Lima, Peru until April 2008. I am living with a Peruvian Family and Cole - my room mate from Faith Baptist Bible College. The first few months we went through language school as well as different cultural, Bible, and missions classes. Now I am serving in a local church in a suburb of Lima called Manchay. The mission is the great Commission--bringing souls into the universal church of Christ and discipling them in the local church here in Manchay.

Prayer Requests

  • TO HAVE QUALITY TIME IN PRAYER AND BIBLE READING
  • TO HAVE CONSISTANT PROGRESS IN LEARNING SPANISH
  • TO HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO WITNESS AND DISCIPLE
  • TO HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS

Monday, November 12, 2007

Missionary Apprenticeship

I am happy to report to you that I have finished all my classes and language school her in Lima. We have taken 26 credits of classes and taken many trips such as the following: a biology trip to the jungle, a visit to churches and the seminary in Trujillo (Northern Peru), a construction and earthquake relief trip to Ica, and a trip to Machu Picchu (one of the Seven Wonders of the World) and Cusco.

After all the exciting traveling and hard work in the classroom, we are now starting the missionary apprenticeship—the reason we came to Peru. We are starting discipleship classes with several of the young people; we run a kids club; we are active in the teen group, church services, visitation, evangelism, and much more. The Lord has already provided me with the opportunities to build relationships with several unsaved and saved Peruvians. The next six months (until April of 2008) I am not a student and we have no part time jobs. My job is to train for the mission field, on the mission field by fulfilling the Great Commission and equipping the nationals to fulfill the Great Commission as well. This year I am developing witnessing, preaching, and discipling skills in a cross cultural environment with the leading of veteran missionaries and mature national Christians here in Peru.

Especially be in prayer for Franklin. Franklin is a night security guard that works in my neighborhood. I get to talk to him almost every night. We have spent countless hours discussing, explaining, and understanding salvation from the Bible. We started a 3 serious Bible study: 1. Nicodemus and his Pride 2. The Samaritan Woman and her Impurity 3.The Rich Young Ruler and His Trust in his Riches. The Lord always deals with men on their sin level. Be in prayer that Franklin and Roberto (a neighbor kid that always is there as well) will be convicted of sin, and drawn into the arms of the Savior.

Thank you for you prayers. The Lord has answered prayer by supplying much of the needed support. I trust the Lord will continue to supply every need and provide grace, strength, wisdom, and peace here in the center of God’s will—Lima, Peru. Please partner with me by praying.


According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
P
hilippians 1:20

No comments: