The ARRIBA Program

I will be here in Lima, Peru until April 2008. I am living with a Peruvian Family and Cole - my room mate from Faith Baptist Bible College. The first few months we went through language school as well as different cultural, Bible, and missions classes. Now I am serving in a local church in a suburb of Lima called Manchay. The mission is the great Commission--bringing souls into the universal church of Christ and discipling them in the local church here in Manchay.

Prayer Requests

  • TO HAVE QUALITY TIME IN PRAYER AND BIBLE READING
  • TO HAVE CONSISTANT PROGRESS IN LEARNING SPANISH
  • TO HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO WITNESS AND DISCIPLE
  • TO HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS

Sunday, May 4, 2008

What's My Status? BLESSED!

I wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know my status. I am Stateside here in Dayton, Ohio once again. I am still experiencing some of what they call “reverse culture shock.” I am amazed to see the elaborate structures, newer vehicles, and even the little things like the chip and cereal isles—I was stunned to see the cereal variety and 3 whole isles designated just for potato chips. Did you know we now have 9 flavors of Doritos? We have a huge variety of options for everything.

I was able to visit Wisconsin and my former extension church in Stoughton, Wisconsin. I enjoyed seeing the faithful members continuing in the faith. I also visited Maranatha Baptist Bible College just in time to see people before they headed off to their homes for the summer. It was a blessing to see all the friends at school and see what the Lord has done in their lives this past year. While there, I was able to get a battle plan for schooling. It looks like I have 3 semesters left to finish my undergrad.

The Lord has been answering many of our prayers lately. He has provided me a job working full time at a metal spinning shop as well as clients for my part time lawn business. He has also provided the much prayed for and much needed transportation. The LORD has also provided me with 100% support for the year. We truly have an amazing and providing God. I am sure He will continue to provide every need that I currently have and will ever have in the future. The Lord takes care of His own, and I am His.

Thank you SO much for your prayers and gifts.

Please pray for:

1. Adjusting to life here in the States as well as adjusting to a new job (big change of pace)

2. Personal holiness and opportunities to win and disciple souls to Christ

1 comment:

mbbcbc said...

Will be praying for you. Keep in touch!