The ARRIBA Program

I will be here in Lima, Peru until April 2008. I am living with a Peruvian Family and Cole - my room mate from Faith Baptist Bible College. The first few months we went through language school as well as different cultural, Bible, and missions classes. Now I am serving in a local church in a suburb of Lima called Manchay. The mission is the great Commission--bringing souls into the universal church of Christ and discipling them in the local church here in Manchay.

Prayer Requests

  • TO HAVE QUALITY TIME IN PRAYER AND BIBLE READING
  • TO HAVE CONSISTANT PROGRESS IN LEARNING SPANISH
  • TO HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO WITNESS AND DISCIPLE
  • TO HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Jungle

We just finished a 2 week module of Biology. We went on a 5 day trip to the jungle. While in the jungle, we had classes till noon and then we explored. We were able to hike up to a waterfall one of the days. God has truly created some beautiful country here in Peru. I couldn’t get over all the green—my home here in La Molina (close to Lima) is a very dry climate. Nothing grows unless it is watered. It rains maybe a couple inches a year. I never thought that rain would be a blessing. While in the jungle, it rained hard almost every night. By noon each day, it was bright and sunny as ever. We saw so many interesting plants, fascinating animals, and bastante (more than enough) bugs.

I greatly enjoyed visiting a new church in the nearby town of La Merced. It was a blessing to give our testimonies to the church. This was my first public speaking in Spanish. I am sure my grammar was terrible, but it was a blessing to the church to see 8 young people planning on going to the mission field.

I got sick the third night and was out of commission for a few days. I don’t believe I have ever been that sick in my life. Brother Carlton was questioning whether I needed to go to the hospital to receive fluids through an IV, but praise the Lord, the medicine worked and I was able to retain fluids. Slowly but surely I am regaining strength and appetite.

Please be in prayer for health and spirits of the group. Although trials from the States, health struggles, and language barriers are always with us, the Lord is always with us as well.


JEHOVA es mi pastor; nada me faltará.
Salmos 23:1


Translation:
Jehovah is my Shepherd; nothing (in) me will be lacking (or deficient).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tito!
I am actually at your house right now and your parents told us about your blog so I read it and I am really amazed about everything that you are doing. I am excited for you and I will be praying for you as you minister!